Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Brand new Whirlpool refrigerator freezerr does not cool at

Customer Question

brand new Whirlpool refrigerator freezerr does not cool at all power getting to unit as light is on when open the french doors or bottom freezer shelf but no cooling! dead on arrival!!!
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

What is the complete model number? Also is anything showing in the display?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Whirlpool WRF535smbm french door refrigerator
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
there is no display on this model except two setting numbers in the toip center of refrigerator compartment one for refrig and one for freezer both set at 5 max cold is supposed to be 7 but no cooling has happened at all and unplugged and replugged in refrigerator already with no improvement no sound of compressor working

OK on that unit if nothing is coming on and the lights work you need a new JAZZ board, which is the main control board on it. Here is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE PART

CLICK HERE VIDEO HOW TO INSTALL

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated....HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
this is a brand new refrigerator from Whirlpool just delivered for $1293 how can it need a new jazz board?!

So it never starts even after sitting plugged in for 7 minutes?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
even after plugged in for 2 days and neither Whirlpool nor Best Buy where purchased is able to help on Sunday when we need the damn refrigerator!

OK lets try to put it in diagnostic mode ok?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
how do I do that?

Would you like me to send you the tech sheet then you can put it in service mode and test the other functions on the unit to see if anything actually works