Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I took apart a Bosch oven door model HBN 56. Where does the

Customer Question

I took apart a Bosch oven door model HBN 56. Where does the long rope like piece go when I am reassembling?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: i wish I could tell you the exact model number but don't have it. It's a double oven about 4 years old. Instructions have is for models hbl54, hbn54, hl 56, hbn56, hbl57
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: reassembly instructions would be great. i wasn't as thoughtful as I could have been when removing the screws and there were more parts than I accounted for
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 12 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Are you referring to the door gasket that goes around the door frame?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
not sure. you can tell I wasn't so thoughtful about removing the glass. I ended up unscrewing the top screws to the door, both pieces of glass the metal bracket and the (gasket?) came out. I then removed the door frame from the oven thinking it will now be easier to reassemble. The model is HBN5650
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I think i have most of how this goes. tell me if i'm right. large piece of glass lays over metal frame attached to front of door. Metal frame goes over that, than next piece of glass. On top of than goes back of door frame. If that's right, where does the replica gasket go?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I meant ropelike gasket
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 12 days ago.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
thats the part. Is it supposed to be one round piece, fully attached. If so, mine is broken...more like a rope
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 12 days ago.

I know it should not have come off when cleaning but I do not believe its supposed to be in one piece it will be made like a rope. Its a part to help seal the heat from getting out.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
ok, thanks.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 12 days ago.

You are very welcome. In the event you have found my information helpful all I ask is you rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I can't get the bottom part of the door to stay snug. There is a screw into a small plate at each bottom corner of the door, but it doesn't hold anything or fit in a way that holds it firm?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 12 days ago.

Then something must not have been tightened correctly or put in right.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
can i send you a pic? It just doesn't make sense to me. Looks as if there are parts missing, like a bracket, but i'm sure nothing is broken off.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 12 days ago.

sure send the picture

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Pic
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 11 days ago.

I apologize for the delay in response it was very late last night I am really not able to tell much from that photo as to what I am looking at. Everything seems to be in order.