Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a dacor double wall oven and both ovens will turn on

Customer Question

I have a dacor double wall oven and both ovens will turn on and act like they are heating up but do not actually heat up.
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Dacor ECD230 and it is about 14 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 13 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Check the resettable high limit thermostat on top of the oven cavity and see if it is tripped. If it is nothing will heat. PART #14 at this link

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated....HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I pushed the button and nothing happened. What does that mean?

Ok did it click down? if not it was not tripped, have you tried it yet?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
There is a red switch on top of both ovens. They are mounted at a 90 degree angle so I pushed both and neither pushed in or made a click when pushed.

OK then either you have a power issue to the unit or a bad relay board. Check the actual power to the unit and make sure you have 240 volts to it at the terminal block if so check and replace the relay board.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
There are 2 relay boards. Would both go bad at once?

Not likely but it could happen I would check the power to the unit, the display works off 120 so if there is half power to it that will work but it will not heat.