Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My whirpool dishwasher will not run wash cycle water runs

Customer Question

my whirpool dishwasher will not run wash cycle water runs then machine stops model 583i wdt 710 p[yms f34362002
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2-3 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: only if possibble i have afriend owns appliance repair co
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: corrected model number wdt 710 paym5
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

That means the main motor is bad, if it fills and just sits there then drain out you need a new wash motor. This is a super common issue. You need to pull the unit out of the cabinet and turn it on its side to remove the wash motor and reclamp in the new one.

CLICK HERE PART

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated....HAPPY HOLIDAYS!