John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

GI6FARXXY07 WHIRLPOOL FRIDGE And appliance repair man just

Customer Question

GI6FARXXY07 WHIRLPOOL FRIDGEAnd appliance repair man just put in a new condenser and the refrigerator is cooling and freezing… There is no ice being made
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 days ago.

Is the ice maker section getting cold?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
When I pulled out the part that actually makes the ice the bottom motor of that portion is very cold
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I think that sent to you but not sure
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 days ago.

Well, the ice maker has to get down to around 10* F before it opens. The air comes from the back of that ice maker through that damper assembly. How long had it been running when you discovered no ice?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
It has been running for over a week
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 days ago.

We need the ice maker assembly back in place to get that damper to open, then see the temp in the ice maker compartment. It could be a damper issue, fan issue, hard to say with it all apart.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Can I put it back together and then hit you on this same thread?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
How will we find temp
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 days ago.

You will need to put a thermometer in there and leave it for 4 hours or more. Follow a link back from your email to get back here to post results.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
It is freezing all the food… Through last time the refrigerator man was here it was 4° In the freezer
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The last
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 days ago.

But we need to see what the ice maker section by itself is doing, not the freezer.

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 days ago.

The ice makes has to be in to control the air flow to the refrigerator, you can't leave it out.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The icemaker is back in
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 days ago.

Okay, so just let it be for a few hours and see what the ice maker section temp is.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
That has to be a faster way… The refrigerator and freezer are both working properly… It doesn't appear to me that water is getting to the icemaker… Water is getting to the dispenser but I only see one tube on the back… Not sure how the water is Getting to the icemaker
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I don't have a thermometer
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 days ago.

The water will not be called for until the ice maker reaches 10* to initiate a harvest. So we really need to see that it gets that cold first.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
OK how do I get back to you?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 days ago.

Me

27 Nov 2016, 12:59 PM

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I don't have a thermometer ?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 days ago.

It will be important to know what that temp is because you probably won't be able to feel a difference at 20* and 10* and that will be the difference between ice and no ice.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I would like to try another technician with the same question please. Tyler are you available?