Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Superba electric range/oven display is not working

Customer Question

my Superba electric range/oven display is not working properly. as of last night, there was no digital display for clock, oven, etc. although oven, oven light and cooktop are all working. While cooking diner in oven, display would periodically come on for some minutes, then shut off.
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 2003 Superba free standing range. Instruction booklet shows multiple model numbers.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depends upon the problem diagnosis
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i do not know the answer to that question
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

If the display is cutting in and out but the oven was still working, this is just a problem with the display board itself. You may find a cracked solder joint on the back of the control board or something to that effect, but th eentire display control board would need to be replaced to resolve the issue if there wasn't something you can visibly see that needs to be re-soldered.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.