Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I am trying to disconnect the water line from the fridge so

Customer Question

I am trying to disconnect the water line from the fridge so I can move in the new tomorrow. How do I disconnect?
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: I know is about 17 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: GE Profile yes I am doing the removal ourselves
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: don't think so
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 10 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

This is pretty simple open the doors to the unit and remove the lower kick plate it should just pull off. Once off you need to follow the water line out of the lower door hinge to the QUICK CONNECTOR. Press the release ring and pull on the water line to release it. Here is a helpful video to show you.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated....HAPPY HOLIDAYS!