Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My dryer keeps shutting off, frigedaire about 4 years old,

Customer Question

my dryer keeps shutting off
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: frigedaire about 4 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: model gleq2152es1
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Can you restart it right away after it shuts off?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Does anything show on the display when it shuts down? Or does it just randomly shut off?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it just blinks and when I hit the pause button it stops
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it also shows AD

That means the Auto Dry cycle has been selected, you may not have enough wet clothes in it to trip the sensors. Try the unit on a timed dry and if it stays running make sure you have enough wet clothes in it no small loads. If you do have enough clothes in it then you may have a bad sensor bar or a bad board.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated....HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
last time they gave me sequence to try and it would check the board

The test mode will not tell you much and based on the issue this is all related to the sensor bar strips. Can you try it on timed dry and see if it stays running? I can give you the tech sheet for it, but I am not sure what else you are exactly looking for.