Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Gaggenau steamer overn shut itself off and is displaying

Customer Question

My Gaggenau steamer overn shut itself off and is displaying an "F" and the interntemp (70). It will not turn on anymore.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: The oven used to sometimes turn oitself off but then allow you to turn it on aaggin and then possible work. Now it is non responsive. Abot 2 months
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: gaggenua HLED22 -- about 14 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I noticed thsat the overn has reset.. its back to diplaying th time and will let me turn it on agn
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am looking for a technician who actually KNOWS Gaggenau. Many places said they would look at it but its too old to fix, doubt parts are avaible... but do /have not worked on the rand in the past
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 14 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 14 days ago.

The F70 error means there is an issue with the water container. Oftentimes, if you pour a gallon of boiling water in the container, empty it, repeat, it will clear that error. Of course, do so with the power off. See the attached page.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
My unit is connected to the water supply, it does not have a water container. The suggested action is unclear to me. Please clarify.
Expert:  Kelly replied 12 days ago.

That is odd, considering that is the error you are getting. I will see if another has an idea.