Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a problem with the ZSC1001KSS01 GE that i have, 2008

Customer Question

hi! i have a problem with the ZSC1001KSS01 GE that i have
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2008 model installed also in 2008
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if its easy to do, then yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The display doesnt turn on at all and no buttons work, but oddly the glass tray is moving in a circular direction even though its off
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. What has happened is your control panel has failed and will need to be replaced. There is a possibility that the magentron and diode are still providing voltage to the motor to turn the glass tray but that should not last for long.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

This is the part I am referring to that will need to be replaced on the unit if you intend to fix it.

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/ge-pwb-pcb-asm-wb27x10858-ap3883396.html

I hope that you have found this information helpful and would be willing to rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

I am a different tech, you have to go through the troubleshooting steps outlined here as you can have just a cavity thermostat or transformer issue causing that problem. Secondly even if all tests bad you would have a bad POWER PCB board not the main PCB as described previously. Here is a link to the troubleshooting and the actual Power PCB

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE POWER PCB

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated....HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

APPLIANCE GURU