John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Our Samsung ice maker has been working great, but I turned

Customer Question

Our Samsung ice maker has been working great, but I turned it off at the menu as we couldn't keep up with it. Now it doesn't want to start again. I turned it off at the panel and waited 10 minutes, but it still doesn't seem to be doing anything. How long before I should hear the water running or something.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: RF 18HFENBSR, Less than 3 months old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I hope this is something simple, yes I want to do it myself, as we are leaving tomorrow on a trip and we will have a house sitter coming in
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I had a plumber in yesterday to check all the plumbing after our remodel, and he put a new valve for the icemaker under the sink. The knob is pointed parallel to the hose. I turned it 90 degrees to see if that make a difference, but didn't hear anything so turned it back
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 days ago.

It can take a while for it to begin harvesting again. Leave it on for a few hours and it should drop a batch by then. Let me know what happens.