Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Kenmore elite code E and F 253.44383405, purchased 10/2005,

Customer Question

Hi Kenmore elite code E and F 253.44383405
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: purchased 10/2005
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it just happened
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. this is a code that indicates there is a problem with the evaporator fan motor or the main control board. the motor could have failed or the board may not be reading a signal being sent to it, from the motor.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
what do I do to find out which is the problem an tell what to fix and how
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

the main board is located at the bottom of the unit, behind the grill on this model. to access the evaporator motor, everything in the freezer, will need to be removed, so the back panel can be removed. with access to the motor and board, some voltage and resistance checks can be made with a multimeter.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
please continue where do I check for voltage and resistance and such ? also we have just had alot of food place in the freezer would that cause the system to fail if it was blocked?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
is everything going to ruin now what is the outcome of this code?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

Ok first lets start with the evap fan it could have been blocked and possibly frozen up. So you will need to clean the freezer out and remove the back panel on the wall inside the freezer. There will more than likely be some vents around the area. Then check the motor that there is no ice around blocking the fan from running. Let me know what you see.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hi the top part of the coil fins are frosted 2'' or so not bad the fan above it moves easily when I spun it I feel a fan down at the grill blowing cool
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I cant leave all this food out will it keep working?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the ice tray was full
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the refrigerator is humming?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
are you there will you please tell me whats next?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

I am so sorry I had a to run to. I am back now. If the fan is moving freely now that may have been all that was causing the issue. Have you tried shutting the door and listening to if the fan comes back on?

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

My sincerest apologies in the delay but when emergencies call in I have to step out. I certainly hope that your unit started working correctly.