Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a 30-INCH KITCHEN AID DOWNDRAFT VENT AND THE FILTERS

Customer Question

I have a 30-INCH KITCHEN AID DOWNDRAFT VENT AND THE FILTERS WERE REMOVED FOR CLEANING AND THE HOOD WAS PUSHED DOWN INTO THE RECEIVED. is THERE A WAY TO ACCESS THE VENT AND MANUALLY OPERATE TO RETRACTABLE HOOD?
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. What is the model number of your vent?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
KXD 4630Y
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 days ago.

are the filters still out? If so you will not be able to get it to work see page 24

http://www.kitchenaid.com/digitalassets/KXD4630YSS/Installation%20Instruction_EN.pdf

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I figured that out....I have the manual....my question was how can I manually raise the vent?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 days ago.

You can not manually raise it without possibly breaking it have you tried holding the button down for 5 seconds to see if that will retract it

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
no results
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 days ago.

ok i do not want to advise you to pull the vent out and possibly break something in there. you can try taking the filters out and put them back in cut the breaker for 5 minutes and then try holding the button again to see if that resets it. IF that does not work I will open this up to other experts.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 days ago.

I wanted to touch base with you to see how its going? Were you able to get the vent out?