John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We purchased a top=loading washer on May 10, 2013. 1 1/2

Customer Question

We purchased a top=loading washer on May 10, 2013. 1 1/2 year ago we had trouble with it not spinning the clothes dry enough. Was told we would need a new ???. I believe it was also linking oil. We chose to wait till we have more trouble. Now the spin dry trouble is troubling again Roders Appl in Altamont didn't come out but told us (by phone) it would cost $400.00 to repair it. He wanted to sell us a Speed Queen for over $800.00 Bear in mind this is just over 3 yrs old. and have had trouble for over 1 1/2 yrs. Is this all the good your product are? We are over 82 yrs old and will not pay $800.00 for a machine. We will be looking for business elsewhere with a different brand . Any help from your company, we are very dissatisfied with the Amana washer, We had been to Amana Colonies and saw a film about your products so we purchased the washer thinking it would be great. We having been proven wrong. Paul And Phyllis Sarver
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Purchased it May 10, 2013 Don't know the exact model/
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No we are not able
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have sent you my info, you should have it.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Eng-Tech replied 13 days ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your Amana washer. Please give me the model number found under the lid hinge.