Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a fridge GE model Adora, after a power outage two

Customer Question

good evening sir. I have a fridge GE model Adora, after a power outage two days ago it stopped working can you help me please
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: ADORA
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: it depends on what's really going on with it. Home depot where I bought it can't help it seems
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the electricity doesn't get in it at all, I don't know what to do
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 9 days ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

If you are positive that there is power at the plug that supplies power to the refrigerator, then unplug the unit for 10 minutes plug it back in and the unit does not come one then the main control board was shorted during he power surge and it will have to be replaced. The board is located on the back of the unit behind the metal cover panel about 2 foot up on the right side. If you give me the model number of the refrigerator I will be glad to give you the replacement control board part number, a link to order it and instructions to replace it. Thanks and Happy Holidays!

I kindly ask at this time that you go ahead and click on the 5th star of the star rating system at the top of your page. Afterwards If you have any follow up questions they will be free and I will continue to help until you are completely satisfied. It's very much appreciated, Thank You!

Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 8 days ago.

Hi there,
I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?