Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Im working on a Whirlpool GI6SARXXF04 the unit has nothing

Customer Question

Im working on a Whirlpool GI6SARXXF04 the unit has nothing operational except the cabin lights..From experience I know that its most likely the main control board. My challenge is that this one has 2 boards. My guess that the smaller one might be a defrost board????
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

I am assuming the board you are talking about is your relay board. This is the board you will need to replace in order to fix this issue. Your main control board

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/whirlpool-control-elek-minotaur-wpw10438707-ap6021408.html

Is this the small board you are talking about.

https://www.repairclinic.com/Shop-For-Parts/a4b5i846d1136508/Model-GI6SARXXF04-Whirlpool-Refrigerator-Relay-Board-Parts

I do hope you have found this information helpful and would be willing to rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What function does this one play ?https://www.repairclinic.com/Shop-For-Parts/a4b5i846d1136508/Model-GI6SARXXF04-Whirlpool-Refrigerator-Relay-Board-Parts
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

A relay allows circuits to be switched by electrical equipment: for example, a timer circuit with a relay could switch power at a preset time. For a long time relays were the standard method of controlling industrial electronic systems.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sir
Some how were not in sinc here. I know exactly what a relay is. Im asking you what the function is of the smaller board (W10120821) what is it driving or timing out ?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

my apologies it communicates between the boards to ensure everything is functioning correctly, If nothing is working on the unit besides the lights then the main control board is your issue.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you not tell me what the second boards function is ????????
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

Did you not see my last reply it communicates between the board and the parts.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I didn't catch that pat. Im sorry but I guess as a fallow up my question would be "if we have no functionality how would you be able to isolate the problem to the "main board "??
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

your fine well we can not say for certain but 9/10 times its always the electronic control board. If the relay was just bad it wouldn't cause the whole unit to fail plus the relay boards rarely go bad on these units.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Good by me ...Thankd
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

your very welcome in the event you found this information helpful all I ask is you rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

Hello I wanted to follow up with you to see how it is going? If you have found my information helpful all I ask is you rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.