Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

We have a whirlpool gold series model # w10632081a and it

Customer Question

Hi there ...... we have a whirlpool gold series model # w10632081a and it does not clean our dishes at all .... I've checked filters and spray arms but they were all clean .... we've only tried to use this dishwasher for about 2 week's and still not operating right...
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's about 2yrs old and has stayed in the shipping box container till about 2 week's ago .....
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Model # is w10632081a
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I would like to try to do it myself .... depends on the problem I guess
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 12 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Is the main wash motor running and the model listed is not valid can you get me the model off the frame edge with the door open?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Model # W10632081A is the model # showing on the door ....
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

There is a tag that says model number on the frame edge the W106 number is ***** a model

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Wdt720padm0 ... sorry my bad ....

Is the main wash motor running or does it fill and sit quietly?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It fills up .... can't hear anything
... then drains .... fills up again ..... still don't hear nothing ..... then drains ..... so basically nothing gets wet at all ..... it just fills up and drains

OK the main motor is seized or bad, which is very common on that unit. You need to replace the motor on it they fail all the time for that issue. I have replaced so many. You have to slide the unit out and flip it on its side to replace it.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated....HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
If we replace the motor will continue to have a similar issue later on in the future ..... and is there a diagram of where an how to change this motor .....

Here is a video to help, you should not have any further issues with it after the repair.

CLICK HERE