Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

How to fix light in pgr30, 2yaers, yes, I have no power

Customer Question

how to fix light in pgr30
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 2yaers
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have no power coming to the house inside the oven
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: I know exactly what happened, I was trying to remove the broken bulb inside the oven and this caused electrical shortage. I would like to replace the damaged part, but I don't know where to look for it. I am not sure which part inside the oven is damaged.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Do you have the complete model off the tag on the oven, that comes up as a cooktop only

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Model is pgr30. There is no other information about this oven.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry the model number is ***** the serial number is *****

That is just a model for the 4 burner cooktop, there is another model number for the oven these are two separate things

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
In the booklet that I have there is Dacor model number PGR30 and under the instructions for oven operation it is written that our oven has PGR Oven Features.

Ok it is a dacor not a Thermador.....a PGR30 is a Thermadore model....one minute please

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hey GURU what happen to you?! I am still waiting for your response.

I am sorry about the delay something happened to my post to you. You need to replace the relay control it burned the relay out when the short happened in the light. The relay is on top of the unit behind the control panel here is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated....HAPPY HOLIDAYS!