Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a maytag gemni double oven and one of the heating

Customer Question

I have a maytag gemni double oven and one of the heating elements is going out. how can I get this replaced
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2003 I can't find a model #. I found my booklet and it's a 30" wide free standing double oven. the bottom of the booklet has this number 8101P426-60 if this means anything
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: i'd rather not do the work myself
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: just how much it would cost to replace this and have someone do the work
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: ok where is the price information your sending?
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 13 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

What is the complete model number off the unit and is the element burned out?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
that's the problem I can't find the model number anywhere on the stove. the only number I do see is this
8114p749-60. not sure it that is a model number
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
no I don't want call

OK the model number is ***** an odd spot feel directly in the middle on the back edge of the console. There is a metal tag that you can pull up and it is on that. Let me know what it is.