Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I just bought a brand new maytag frenchdoor fridge with an

Customer Question

I just bought a brand new maytag frenchdoor fridge with an ice maker. Ive had it for 4 days. It started to make some ice, but now a whole tray of ice is stuck in the mold and won't release.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
model # MFI2270
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you.

Check the lever mechanism (may look like a flag) to make sure it moves properly. That is the device that keeps the ice maker from constantly making more ice once the bin is filled. There's a small spring on it that can become misaligned and keeps the ice maker from properly functioning.

Look at that "flag" lever closely. The spring issue may not be immediately visible to you. Move it back and forth. If it's binding or does not return to it's static place when you move it, that's probably the case.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The flag is moving just fine. There is a full tray of ice in the mold and it won't dispense.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

so have you inspected the flapper to make sure its not frozen shut or blocked in some way?

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello I wanted to follow up with you to see how it is going?