John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Trying to take out a very old kitchen aid garbage

Customer Question

trying to take out a very old kitchen aid garbage disposal...it does not have the side things where you put the tool to turn it so that it will drop off. Have everything else disconnected. I am able to turn the entire disposal around, but the top is tuning with it. Help
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: hold on while i go look
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: 115 Vac 7.5 amps 60 HZ MLN 34031
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 14 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Can you take a picture of the mount, if it is an ISE disposal it would have the turn ring.