Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My micro wave above the stove has locked in the micro

Customer Question

my micro wave above the stove has locked in the micro express position and runs constantly and gets extremely hot if I let it run, which I don't. I have cleared every setting and unplugged it but if I close the door, it constantly runs. what is the solution?>
JA: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: the model is JVM1790SK 01 the serial # is ZL903450K
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I don't know
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Is it fixable or should I just have it replaced
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

You likely need a new control board, you can try to unplug the unit for a full minute to reset the control. If that does not solve it the board is needed. Here is a link to the part you may just want to buy a new unit but that is up to you.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated....HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok

No problem

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving Thanks!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
not as this time

I am sorry if the site offered you a phone call that is something that is does automatically