Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Bosch dishwasher and a layer of smelly blackish

Customer Question

I have a Bosch dishwasher and a layer of smelly blackish slime builds up in the door on the inside. What do I dd?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: About 3 years old , sorry don't have model info.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible . I've never had a dishwasher that did this before
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: What do I do about this?
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 11 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Make sure the water to the unit is at least 135 degrees. If it is not set the hot water heater up and make sure you precharge the hot water at the sink faucet before starting the cycle. Wipe all the black stif as much as you can with papertowel and then begin a wash cycle. Once it is washing put 2 cups of bleach in the unit and let it run, all should be cleaned out.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated....HAPPY THANKSGIVING!