Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Have a self cleaning electric oven which was put into 3 hour

Customer Question

Have a self cleaning electric oven which was put into 3 hour self cleaning mode by accident. How do we stop self cleaning and return to normal operation?
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is Maytag and readout is digital I think it's 10 years old and an in wall construction and can't find any model number
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The door lever is locked in door closed position and so far any attempt at pushing buttons makes it reset to 3 hours
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

You should just need to press the cancel/off button to reset the self cleaning. if that doesn't work, flip the breaker off to your oven for 60 seconds and that will reset the oven. If the oven is hot, it will not unlock until it cools down.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?