Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

HOW DO i REMOVE THE WASHPLATE FROM MY SAMSUNG WA5451?

Customer Question

JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: WA5451ANWXAA02
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: YES
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: THERE IS WATER IN THE BOTTOM OF THE DRUM THAT HAS BEEN THERE FOR OVER A YEAR AND ALGE OR SOMETHING HAS GROWN IN THE WATER. I NEED TO CLEAN IT OUT
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 14 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 14 days ago.

To remove the wash plate, all you should need to do is pry on the center cap of the wash plate with a flat head screwdriver and pop the cap off. Under that is a bolt that you can unscrew with a socket set. Remove the bolt and now the wash plate just lifts up and out of the way. Now the plate is difficult to lift up because there is really no where to grab it and it gets stuck on the center shaft, but that is the process to get it out of your way to clean underneath.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.