Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Oven doesn't word digal read out is all 8, Jds26bow2ad, Yes,

Customer Question

Oven doesn't word digal read out is all 8
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Jds26bow2ad
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Top of stove works and not oven
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 days ago.

all 8's is an error meaning your display board has shorted out. You can try to flip the circuit breaker off for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If not then you need to order and replace the display control board. The problem is you need part number WB27T10242 which is no longer made so if you wanted to fix the oven you'd have to send the board into a place like Appliancetimers.com to have the board refurbished for about $150-200 usually.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?