Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a 2012 GE Micro/Convection oven that will convection

Customer Question

I have a 2012 GE Micro/Convection oven that will convection heat but will not microwave.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It was install in 2012
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes,
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I believe the model # is PVM1790DR WW
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 9 days ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and prepare your answer as I may need to look up part numbers, schematics, etc;

Thank you for your patience.

Anytime a microwave runs but does not heat means that the magnetron ( Its purpose is to generate microwave energy. The high-voltage components accomplish this by stepping up AC line voltage to high voltage, which is then changed to an even higher DC voltage. This DC power is then converted to the RF energy that cooks the food.)

has failed and will have to be replaced. This is a dangerous repair because microwaves hold high voltage even when power is not being supplied to the unit, so it is highly recommended that only a qualified technician make this repair. The magnetron and also the diode that will need to be replaced I have listed the parts below if you still want to work on it yourself:

Magnetron Part #WB27X26080 - click here

Diode WB27X10037 - click here

Let me know if you need anything else, thanks. Happy Holidays!

I kindly ask at this time that you go ahead and click on the 5th star of the star rating system at the top of your page. Afterwards If you have any follow up questions they will be free and I will continue to help until you are completely satisfied. It's very much appreciated, Thank You!

Hi there,
I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?