Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have an Amana side by side refigerator / freezer model

Customer Question

I have an Amana side by side refigerator / freezer model #ARSE665BB and S/N #10044058AL and the freezer side is not keeping food items frozen but the refrigerator side works just fine....what could be the problem?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I would guess the refrigerator to be approximately 15 years old and the model number once again is #ARSE665BB
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: refrigerator is unplugged, pulled away from wall and ready to fix if fixable.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

So first off lets start with the condenser coils have you inspected to see if they are frozen. They should be located behind the wall inside of the freezer. You can remove the panel to inspect the coils.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The refrigerator is unplugged and pulled away from the wall for the last 24 hours so if they were frozen, they aren't now.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do not believe that is the problem as we had significant "melting" prior to me unplugging the unit. Is it worth plugging back in and seeing if the 24 hour thaw solved the problem?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

It may be yes. My apologies for not seeing that the unit had been unplugged for 24 hrs. So if the condenser coils are not the problem. We need to plug it back in to make sure the fan above the condenser coils is running.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

I noticed that your question was still open so I wanted to follow up with you to see how it was going?