Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Is there a step through "self test" I can perform on our

Customer Question

Hi. Is there a step through "self test" I can perform on our GEX9868JQ0 dryer.? The sensing light just flashes and does not allow unit to start.
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: ~15 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes. I've had to replace the control boartd on our washer GSX9885JQ0 I figure I can handle the dryer too.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Only that the sensing light flashes... I'm not knowing were else for the next step to narrow down the faulty area
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 15 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 15 days ago.

So there are only 2 things that would cause the sensing light to just flash and not allow your dryer to run. The first is your door switch. Open the door and push the door switch and verify it still clicks when you press it. If it doesn't click then you need to replace the switch. If it does click, then you have a faulty main control board which is inside the control panel. This issue is that the control board is no longer made for this unit. The part number for the board is 280071 so unless you can locate one, it may be time for a new dryer I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.