Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My Samsung refrigerator, Model RF4287HARS/XAA has stopped

Customer Question

My Samsung refrigerator, Model RF4287HARS/XAA has stopped working on the freezer. The panel say OF on the front, frig and freezer and freezer will only go to -8 F.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 5 years old?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Hope so, I am losing hundred of dollars in frozen food and I do have insurance but won't get it done in time.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just that it was working fine until yesterday.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 12 days ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your refrigerator. OF being displayed on the panel just means the cooling system of the unit has been turned off and the control needs to be reset.

Try pushing in at the same time both the top and bottom button on the left side of the control panel hold them both down until you hear a chime/ding sound at that time OF should clear from the display and a few minutes later the unit should kick back on. Let me know if that does not work, thanks.

I kindly ask at this time that you go ahead and click on the 5th star of the star rating system at the top of your page. Afterwards If you have any follow up questions they will be free and I will continue to help until you are completely satisfied. It's very much appreciated, Thank You!