Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

There are three spinners in my dishwasher. A large one on

there are three spinners in my dishwasher. A large one on the bottom, a med sized one below the top rack, and a small one at the top. the small spinner dropped off. I can't seem to get it to attach.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: GE GDF520PGD4WW
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: How do i do a diagnostic test?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the would not be a good idea.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So this upper wash arm should have a bracket that just straddles the top water tower flume. There are clips on this water tower to clip the wash arm in place so all you should need to do is push it up and it should click in place---but if it fell off usually something is wrong. It likely won't just clip right back on because the bracket warps from heat over time. The new good news is that the arm is only about $10-15 so below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace.

CLICK HERE for upper wash arm

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I just received the dishwasher arm you suggested. I see how it should clamp to the piece at the top, however, the old piece is still clamped to the top of the machine. How do I get it out?

You should just be able to use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wings on the right and left side of the feed tub to pop that top part of the arm off so you can install the new part. Below is a video that should help.

CLICK HERE for video on replacement