Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a reality new Norcold fridge almost 2 years old.

Customer Question

Hi John,
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I have a reality new Norcold fridge almost 2 years old. Anyway I have the dreaded Li oP error code. heard about the by pass at that worked but I orderd the new high temp circuit board and sensor. just installed it and I'm getting the same error. Little help please.
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: please hold on I'll run out side and find out
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: it's a model 1210 and yes i plan to do the work myself
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: well I replaced the sensor at the time I replaced the high temp circut board. This is in a cyclone 5th wheel. It was raining and on a sligh incline when it started the error code
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 15 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sometimes this can be fixed just by resetting it with a magnet. Remove the 12v power to the high temp sensor control unit, then use a magnet (some prefer to use magnets on sticks.) Then place the magnet next to the LED and there should be a clicking sound that will come from the control unit letting you know it has reset. I hope this trick helps reset and fix your issue.

If it does all I ask is you rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. If this does not work just let me know and we will dig a little deeper.