John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My oven has a alarm beeping sound that is continually

Customer Question

HI , My oven has a alarm beeping sound that is continually sounding off and the display looks like a push pin and says "set probe set 160"
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Its a Superba, not sure how old it is bought it used think possible 5 yrs old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No,just to get the alarm to stop and the oven to work, the oven comes with a micro wave and also is a convention its essentially a double oven (kinda of)
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 11 days ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

And did this come up with out the oven being previously used ? or had the oven just been used recently?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I used the oven to make a turkey yesterday shut it off around 5pm. I bought the oven from used and do not know the model number it's a Superba and a combo micro on top and oven on the bottom also cook convection

open the oven door on the right side of the oven face frame should be the model /serial tag.

And do you have the meat probe that is inserted into the oven cavity on the right side?

If you do try inserting it ,taking it out several times to see if the probe in the display goes away.

Let me know