Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My amana dryer is four years old, it still gets hot but for

Customer Question

my amana dryer is four years old, it still gets hot but for some reason its taking twice as long to dry clothes as usual, I have noticed that on the filter when I pull it out most of it is clean and only the bottom corner about twenty five percent of the size of the filter is containing lint, seems like that could be a clue?????
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: can you see my message? in the first sentence I was relaying it is four years old, I just walked in there to look for a model, all I see is the word Amana
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if its not too technical I guess I could, I dont want to make matters worse
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no mam
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Usually and most commonly when a dryer is heating but taking too long to dry the clothes that is a venting related issue. Try this first, remove the dryer vent going from the dryer to the vent on your home. Just take it off the dryer completely and run a cycle, if the dryer works properly after that then you know the issue is a stopped up vent on your home. If the dryer still does not dry the clothes in a timely manner after removing the vent let me know. Also if it does not work after removing the vent and you are using the automatic cycle, try using a timed dry cycle instead of the automatic cycle and see if the works properly then. Let me know after you check those things, thanks and Happy Holidays!

I kindly ask at this time that you go ahead and click on the 5th star of the star rating system at the top of your page. Afterwards If you have any follow up questions they will be free and I will continue to help until you are completely satisfied. It's very much appreciated, Thank You!