Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a jennair gas stove. When the oven is turned on, it

Customer Question

I have a jennair gas stove. When the oven is turned on, it will heat for a while then randomly turn itself off. There is no error code on the display when this happens. We have changed the control board and checked the sensor probe, which is working correctly. The stove is only 6 years old and this is the second control board we have had to replace.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The model number is *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It depends
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: There doesn't seem to be any pattern to when the oven turns off. It is at any temperature and sometimes will go 45 minutes and other times will need to be turned back on every 5 minutes.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 days ago.

To be clear does the display just revert to the time of day when it shuts off or does it still act like it's trying to heat or does the display go blank or what happens exactly?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It just reverts to the time and shows the timer if I have that set.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 days ago.

OK so the only thing that can possibly cause that condition is the display board itself going bad. If the timer would stay on the display, then you're not getting a power interruption which means that your board is just acting up. Now this could be due to heat over time affecting the board or just bad logic that is getting corrupt in the board, either way this board tends to fail often and it's just poorly manufactured in general. If the sensor were bad, you would get an F3 or F2 just for future reference. I know you said you replaced the board so if it was replaced recently, return it and get a new one because it came faulty and nothing else can cause your condition. To be clear, the board you need is part number WP8507P351-60.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It seems like a weird coincidence that it is the exact same problem. We've ordered another control board and will see what happens, I guess!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 days ago.

Unfortunately this is just a common way for this part to fail.