Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I purchased a beverage cooler for my daughters new house,

Customer Question

I purchased a beverage cooler for my daughters new house, unfortunately the house just got finished in October 7 months behind schedule. The cooler was installed and fails to keep the berages cold enough to drink. This is not what we were expecting what is our next step to get this working properly.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: The refrigator sat in my garage for months waiting for this house to be finised, it was installed in late September early October,
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Well what ever it takes to make it get to prober temperature
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

So many of these beverage centers are meant for wine and drinks and con't have the capability of getting down to 37 degrees like a normal refrigerator. Most can not get below 45 degrees or so at a minimum. Unfortunately I'm not sure what your return policy is at the place your purchased it, but at 7 months old they likely will not allow you to return it and get a different product that you like in exchange. It is less than a year old so you can call warranty and see if they will come out and look at the unit or if you need to drop it off somewhere to have it checked out to be sure something isn't wrong, but if the temperature gets to about 45 degrees (which makes soda not near as cold as one would like) then likely the unit is just designed to get no colder than 45 degrees. It's cheaper to build them this way but still allows you keep things cooler than room temperature which is why some units are designed this way.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.