John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have ge profile micowave, my wife boiled a turkey neck on

Customer Question

I have ge profile micowave, my wife boiled a turkey neck on oven and the residue shorted the microwave. I can t clean it and a remove it s cover to use a clothe to remove the film?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: we had repaired several years ago with new tube and touch pad, but it s 12 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I can since I have replacement parts here and I would have the power on.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Its hanging above the range and I don t want to remove the whole unit.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 13 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to try and assist you. Now are you trying to determine what the problem is inside the unit or are you trying to figure out how to get the film residue off of the unit itself?