Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My whirlpool dryer won't start the control light is blinking

Customer Question

My whirlpool dryer won't start the control light is blinking on heavy load and will not start up is it a censor problem
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I got to look it up I bought it used it was working good. I think while moving they shook something loose.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It depends what the problem is..my brother might can fix it I think it's something with the control board..
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Because the controls wound move .. It's suck on the heavy load and it won't move to nothing else the light just keep blinking..
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Since you did not give the model number of the dryer I am not certain as to what type of controls are on the unit, if its a new model with an electronic control board and not a mechanical timer and the dial will not move off of heavy load then somehow during the move the shaft the knob is connected to got jammed back into the control board and since that shaft is part of the board the board will most likely need to be replaced. However you can take the console apart and have a look and see if maybe you can adjust it to where it will move but that is highly unlikely. If you need replacement part numbers or further help you will need to give me the model number of the dryer. Let me know thanks.

I kindly ask at this time that you go ahead and click on the 5th star of the star rating system at the top of your page. Afterwards If you have any follow up questions they will be free and I will continue to help until you are completely satisfied. It's very much appreciated, Thank You!