Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Profile wall oven, just got it yes used hooked it up tried

Customer Question

Profile wall oven, just got it yes used hooked it up tried it out put it on roast temp 375 start could hear a squeal and felt air blowing for about 45 second loud bang saw flash back of oven. It did not trip breaker saw no codes it has nothing no light clock nothing
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 14 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 14 days ago.

The squeal was likely from one of the electronic relays and the flash would also support that.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Model #s pk916. And zek938
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The full model number off oven tag and not the owe manual is PK916SR2SS
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 days ago.

Thank you! In the diagram at the link below, was the noise from the number 16 clock or more in the oven, could you tell? Do you have a meter to perform any electrical testing with?

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 days ago.

See parts breakdown below.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have multi meter. The bang I couldn't tell you what part of the oven it came from, but the flash I saw through the oven door.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 days ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Is it just dead now?