Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

My whirlpool model wrs322fdamo4, 15 months old. Freezer

Customer Question

My whirlpool model wrs322fdamo4, 15 months old. Freezer keeps getting warm, ice melts, food defrosts. Then it seems to work for 3-4 days and does it again. Can't get a tech out for several weeks. Any suggestions
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Purchased July 1 2015. Model wrs322fdamo4. Side by side model.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If we can, just frustrated we can't get a tech out, and we have lost $100's of food. Can it be fixed? Do we just by a new one. Only 16 months old
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can it be fixed? Any idea of what the problem is
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. So first lets start with your evaporator fan do you hear it running when the door is shut and off when the door is opened? Also have you inspected the condenser coils to see if they are frozen?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Fan stops working sometimes when door is shut. I do not know where the condenser coils are
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If you are referring to the coils that run thru my ice maker they are fine.Does this model have a defrost timer? Seems like the freezer is sometimes getting stuck in defrost mode
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

the condenser coils are located behind the back wall inside of the freezer. They may possibly be frozen and will need to be inspected. Also yes your unit has a defrost heater. Which is located near the condenser coils.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

I noticed that your question was still open so I wanted to follow up with you to see how it was going?