RJ
RJ, Appliance Tech.
Experience:  Norcold, Dometic, Atwood, Suburban repairs
3862310

My norcold refrigerator ignights but the igniter won't turn

Customer Question

My norcold refrigerator ignights but the igniter won't turn off resulting in the control board going into fault by showing F in the window
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: 2001 n82
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes I am a mechanic
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No just that problem the AC mode works fine
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  RJ replied 15 days ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Normally when the electrode continues to spark it is the electrode that is the issue, it should sense the presence of flame and tell the board to stop sparking, it is what I would replace first, you do want to make sure it is properly adjusted, make sure the burner tube is also clean make sure no debris is in that area. To help you out some click HERE for a service manual, follow the troubleshooting tree. From your symptoms it sounds like the electrode but you want to try and eliminate anything else, the key is it keeps sparking. Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a star rating on the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert

Expert:  RJ replied 15 days ago.

Also make sure you have good DC voltage going into the circuit board have seen this code come up before if the DC voltage was low...

Robert

Expert:  RJ replied 13 days ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert