Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

HOW DO I REPLACE THE COOLING FAN ON A KITCHEN AID RANGE

Customer Question

HOW DO I REPLACE THE COOLING FAN ON A KITCHEN AID RANGE MODEL KSSD907SSS05 (I HAVE A NEW COOLING FAN)?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 3 YRS OLD, MODEL KSSD907SSO5
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: YES
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I USED TO OWN LAUNDROMATS, I REPAIR ALMOST ALL OF MY PERSONAL APPLAIANCES, HAVE NEVER REPLACED A COOLING FAN...
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 12 days ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Can you please look at the model number once again, because KSSD907SSS05 is not a correct number. per the Whirlpool Web site

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
My bad, the model number is ***** I GUESS MY MAJOR QUESTION IS WHERE DO I ACCESS THE FAN, DO I REMOVE THE TOP OF THE RANGE OR IS THE FAN LOCATED IN THE BACK OR THE SIDE OF THE RANGE.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 9 days ago.

Thank you!

Sorry for the delay with the holidays and then yesterday was my 29 TH wedding anniversary also.

On your model the cooling fan can be accessed from the rear of the unit , you will need to remove the rear panel, then you will need a short stubby Philips screw driver to remove the two screws on each side of the cooling fan cover ,then the fan / housing also has four screw that hold the fan and housing in place.

Then the two fan motor harness wires.

and reverse the procedure .

If you have any questions just reply back to me .