Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My GE free standing stove - the oven won't heat. The burners

Customer Question

My GE free standing stove - the oven won't heat. The burners are working fine. The model number if PGB908SEM
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 10 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Ok when that happens typically the ignitor is burned out and will need to be changed out. You can test the ignitor for 120 volts when in bake. If it has power to it replace it. Note if it glows but does not light up it is still bad.

CLICK HERE PART

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated....HAPPY THANKSGIVING!