Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Superba keeps turning off. Can't get rid of probe temp

Customer Question

Superba keeps turning off. Can't get rid of probe temp indicator
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 10 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Either something got in the tempo probe socket or the board is defective. You really need the temp probe to insert into the probe socket a couple times as often that will clear that code. If you can disconnect the wires to the temp probe and then try it. This is a bit of a job to do though, but it is either a bad socket or bad board if you disconnect the wires from the socket and the code stays you need a new board, if not you need a new probe socket. You can try to take a screwdriver with some sand paper or a cloth and stick it in the socket and clean it, you may get lucky and it will work.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated....HAPPY THANKSGIVING!