Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a kitchenaid oven (model number KEDC205BBL-0). It

Customer Question

I have a kitchenaid oven (model number KEDC205BBL-0). It takes an excessive amount of time to heat up (~30 minutes from ambient to 350 F). Can you please suggest some possible causes or troubleshooting methods?
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 14 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Normally when that happens the bake element is burned out and it is only heating with the broil element that is why it takes so long. Check the bake element and see if it is working actually.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated....HAPPY THANKSGIVING!