Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

The gas is on the stove top, however the oven does not

Customer Question

the gas is on the stove top, however the oven does not light
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: the oven model # is sf362lxst
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: there is no little pop when the gas goes on. on the back wall looks like a place for a pilot light. there no pilot
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 15 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

If you hear no clicking for the spark electrode when turning it on for bake or broil, you have a bad gas valve. That is extremely common on that unit to fail. Here is a link to it

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated....HAPPY THANKSGIVING!