Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My GE self stove with self cleaning will not let me set temp

Customer Question

my GE self stove with self cleaning will not let me set temp time it keeps saying unlock oven door but it is not locked. What can I do
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 16 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

A switch is stuck closed on the door latch causing that issue. You can try to shake the latch hook back and forth to see if the switch will untrip, otherwise you have to remove the latch and find the switch that is stuck closed and open it or replace it.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated....HAPPY THANKSGIVING!