Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Our washer is getting power...the control lock red light is

Customer Question

our washer is getting power...the control lock red light is on but nothing else is lit up on the display panel. is there a fuse or something
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 2013. may tag model number mhw7000aw
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: i'll try
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: don't think so
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 14 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

The control lock is on PRESS AND HOLD THE CONTROL LOCK button for 3 secs and it should be fine again.

Happy Thanksgiving.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.