Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My Samsung DV42H5200 is red alarming at turn on and not

My Samsung DV42H5200 is red alarming at turn on and not heating.
The filter is clean.
I've disconnected it from the vent, have vacum cleaned the machine interior.
What to do?

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Does the unit run though just not heat correct?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
the unit blinks the red filter alarm at power on, runs though, but does not heat.

OK you need to check the heating element for continuity and the high limit thermostats on the heater housing, one is burned out and the cause of that issue. Mainly the heater burns out.

CLICK HERE HEATER

CLICK HERE VIDEO

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated....HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
My first point is on the red filter alarm blinking at machine turn on. Is it normal (like in car panel)?

Yes that is normal it is just a reminder that the filter needs to be cleaned before you start it.