John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Oven door is locked cannot open baking a pie at375

Customer Question

oven door is locked cannot open baking a pie at375
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 14 days ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Try the following and let me know if it works or not, sometimes it will but if the door lock mechanism has failed then the following will not work and the locking mechanism will have to replaced on the unit.

Program and start a cleaning cycle and then wait 2 minutes. After 2 minutes of starting a clean cycle, press the "Clear" button and then wait to see if the door lock mechanism will unlatch the door.

Let me know, thanks. Also if you have the full model number I will need that in order to give you the replacement part number if it comes down to having to replace it.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
it will not let me do anything it says door locked

Ok then ya the door lock assembly has failed and needs to be replaced you will need to give me the model number of the range to be able to give you the replacement part number.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
model 790 kenmore

ya that is not going to be the full model number, there are 5769 ranges that start with 790, the model number is ***** on a tag on the frame of the range behind the door, but I know the door wont open so what you will need to do is make a hook out of a coat hanger and slip it down in the top of the door and manually move the locking hook to open the door but it is not that easy of a task.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
i think i should get my money back a cousin went online just like i did found a site and he resolved the problem tap the button 3 times.

well I am glad you got it fixed, just contact customer service if you would like a refund, thanks.